Friday, February 10, 2006

non-meme-ing

I feel after two meme-ish posts some real content is in order. In a little over an hour the NBC coverage of the Olympics starts and I've caved completely. I can go for months without seeing something on broadcast TV (excluding the games we have people over for now and again, a happy social symptom of having a projector) but I can easily predict that the next two weeks will be total abandonment of that lifestyle. I like all the sappy human interest stories. I like the pop music transitions as the broadcast skips between events. I like the glory. I love the athleticism. It's just rare to get to watch so many people all at the top of their game - focused on this one point in their life for years.

In local life, Kanopy has the entire next show choreographed and just in need of cleaning and lots of runs - and the shows are three weeks away. This feels like a fabulous gift - a very comfortable position. I really like how this show is coming together, and it feels good to dance. It's interesting to see how much it all hangs together considering there are 6 choreographers for various songs in the evening-length work.

Last night Navan tested out a new studio. Apparently this is a comfortable week for arts - we had a good test. It was easy to sing there and the rough mix down sounded good. It's a bit pricier than we were hoping for, but we'll see what we decide. In the unexpected break from recording we've sorted out a few more arrangements for things we were planning for the album.

A short correction: When I chatted a good few posts back about Olympic design I used Turin instead of Torino. This is a personal pet peeve of mine (is 'personal' redundant there?) - Places get renamed in other languages for no good reason. I know it's sometimes for ease of pronunciation, or because the original language uses a different alphabet. But it happens too often for no good reason. Classic example: Hannover in Germany, Hanover (when referring to the German city) in the US. Oy. So, up Torino!

Fionn has taken up his usual "your fingers are paying too much attention to that keyboard" position across my forearms so I think I'll quit for now, give him a bit of attention, and take a shower before the opening ceremonies start!

2 comments:

C said...

Is the new studio where you recorded the Ellas Mari that She-Ra sent me? I've been playing it over and over and over and over and over. . . LOVELY!

Sparrow said...

If she just sent it to you since Thursday, that's the one. Nice take, huh? :-)