Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jim = Fred?

I'm fascinated by Jim Lampley. Apparently he's done Olympic coverage in quite a few previous Olympics but he didn't stick with me, and I just don't watch enough boxing to know. If I only listen to his voice I totally understand why he's in broadcasting. And I suppose he's the perfect picture of a talking head, but there's just something odd. He most reminds me of Mike LaFontaine (Fred Willard) from A Mighty Wind (Not there yet? If you've seen it, "Wha' Happened?" should do it for you.) It's something in the cut of his face and the over zealous jaw work.




Yes?

This is an older picture of Jim, but for this Olympics he has a very coiffed thing going on in a salt and pepper that is so perfect it looks like they dyed in both the dark and the grey bits. When he had on a pinstripe suit for the opening ceremonies commentary last night it was a bit too much - sort of a stripey zoo animal from top to waist! He was wisely in plain dark grey this afternoon.

Found a few great mapping bits this afternoon but I'll get around to those another time. For now it's back to watching the end of Il Postino :-)
Tags:

No comments: