Sunday, February 12, 2006

high resolution Torino

If you haven't developed an addiction to Google Earth yet, this should pull you in. A few days ago Google added high resolution imagery around Torino along with a detailed road network. The Official Google Blog has the link to the Google Earth file with all of the venues marked. I spent a while last night panning around and tilting to see the mountains.

Today is International Fest and Navan has a set there mid-afternoon. Until then I'm planning to hang out with a lot of tea and see if I can start into this very small knitting project I found last weekend when Adam and I went for a drive in the country and found ourselves at the Sow's Ear. Considering I haven't done this in a while it may end up more of an entertainment for Fionn.

Side rant:

I can't believe that NBC is showing the Nascar qualifying race for 2 hours today when it would normally be doing Olympic coverage. That should be part of the deal for winning the Olympic contract: any non-Olympic sporting events normally broadcast by the network should be redistributed to other networks during the two week span of the Olympics. Gr!

No comments: