Wednesday, February 15, 2006

more keyboard (heaven?)

This one is 180 degrees off of the last keyboard I posted about - your grandmother's keyboard so to speak.

The description from the designer:

"This retro decorative tablecloth contains a textile keyboard. The electronic is woven into a fabric, which finds itself between layers of water resistant felt as sandwich material. The TIDY TIPIST NO.2 is washable."


Such a great concept. (Ergonomics? Who knows...) I think it's something related to the way it looks funny to see things like fabric or crumpled sheets of notebook paper on a computer monitor. My next design reminder:

"Things don't need to look modern to be new and innovative."


I suppose this is officially DesignReminder #2. For the unlabelled DesignReminder #1 see Image Interpretations.

This snowstorm is beautiful. I've enjoyed the warm but I miss the big beautiful snows too. Of course the last time we had a big snow my bus home took more than an hour (usually about 20 minutes). Today at work they sent out all the administrative emails about what you're supposed to do if you decide it's not safe for you to travel to work. But I'll stick with the beauty thoughts for now.

3 comments:

C said...

It took me a bit to realise that that WAS the keyboard. What a concept! And washable! That could be really handy at my house! How do you find these things? They're fascinating. I want to see the USB bracelet, but the page was loading slowly for me, so I'm going back later to try to check it out. :o)

Alan said...

The link to your DesignReminder #1 takes me to a blank (if prettily colored) page, at least using the current Safari browser).

E2 might like this retro keyboard thing ... although ergonomics would be a question I'd ask first, too.

Sparrow said...

Yeah, I need to remember to start putting in the [via such-and-such a website]. The USB bracelet looked scary. I like the twigs I saw the other day much better (I'll see if I can find those again.)

Too bad about that Safari link. Sometime when I have a bit of time to whittle away (ha!) I'll see what I can do about that...