Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm a bit slow...

I'm not always so quick to cop on, as witnessed by my ignorance of having been tagged by Candy for the 4things meme.

Back to the OED: meme - A cultural element or behavioural trait whose transmission and consequent persistence in a population, although occurring by non-genetic means (esp. imitation), is considered as analogous to the inheritance of a gene. Word made up by Richard Dawkins in 1976. You're in good company, Candy.

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. CD store (how to define... in a small music shop you do it all... sell, restock, clean)
2. waitress at a Pizzeria Uno
3. database designer on a statewide radon monitoring project
4. web & graphic designer

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. LOTR (how's that for the obvious answer?)
2. Harry Potter - these are like comfort food... perfect if sick or snoozy
3. The Never-Ending Story (first movie I ever saw in a theatre - the Al Ringling Theatre!)
4. Braveheart
(I'm sure I'll think of the other one's I meant to list later...)

Four places you have lived:
1. Madison, WI
2. Dublin, Ireland
3. Hannover, Germany
4. Boston, MA

Four TV shows you watch:
Not so much with the TV watching, but we definitely get shows from NetFlix... but then they sort of feel more like short movies, so here are the ones we've gotten this year
1. Deadwood
2. Firefly
3. Millennium
4. Six Feet Under

(And as much of the Olympics as I can catch, but that hardly counts as a show - more like a portal in the TV. I should probably also admit to my 1st season addiction to Project Runway.)

Four places you have been on vacation
1. Donegal
2. northern corner of France
3. Italy
4. Sanibel Island

Four websites you visit daily:
1. NYTimes
2. BLDG BLOG
3. Delicious Days
4. Jumping at the Ground and Missing

Four favourite foods:
1. chocolate chip cookies (but only the ones from the recipe I grew up on)
2. fresh summer garden tomatoes
3. poached salmon
4. basted eggs on toast

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Donegal
2. Sienna
3. a warm island (what can I say, it's winter in Wisconsin)
4. anywhere outside of a city (forest, meadow, river, mountain, grass, canoe, trail)

Four bloggers I am tagging:
1. Wee Beasties (maybe 2 tags will get her, huh Candy?)
2. Grand Marnier (but I think she got swallowed by school)
3. the secret blogger (you know who you are!)
4. oy - anyone else out there I know have a blog going?

No comments: