Sunday, June 24, 2007

feeling human

4 days post-op and I'm actually feeling human! I took a shower for the first time today (bath-in-a-bag is great, but there's just nothing like a shower) and I'm off the anti-nausea meds. We learned they not only fix the nausea, but also make you dizzy and weak, and they block some seratonin production. In other words the faster you can quit taking it the better.

It feels nice to sit up for meals and crutch out to the back porch for some fresh air, and with the great weather I can at least have all the windows open.

Sorry for the lack of updates in the last few days but I've definitely been fogging in and out. In any case everything is going well, and I'm much more coherent now!

3 comments:

dl004d said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Meanwhile ... bath-in-a-bag?

Sparrow said...

Bath in a Bag

quaivoltaire said...

Yes, you ARE quite coherent! And looking great. Now if you could just get to feeling a little more comfortable...