Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Trompe L'Oeil



What a funny way for the pavement to erode! ;-)
A co-worker recently passed this my way. The website is a bit rough, but the pictures are great. The artist (Julian Beever) has his own site too, with most of the same pictures. I love this sort of thing - especially in a city where your can make it feel less like a city, or less like you have a brick wall straight out your "window." Or now that I'm getting into this, there are also these, which are pretty trippy.

My cousins have done some fabulous paintings of this sort on the walls of their various abodes - I'll have to ask about a few of those pictures again. I remember them as being just amazing.

It's been a week of recovery around here. (...a quiet week in Lake Wobegon.) The house is too quiet and the chairs are too cold.

1 comment:

C said...

Awesome!! I thought he looked familiar. Mollusc and I were admiring this one a couple of weeks ago.