Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dark Nights

It's into full swing now for Kanopy tech week (well, that would be tech night, dress night, opening night through 5 shows), so my posts will probably be a bit more sporadic even than usual. Or maybe there will be lots of them but they'll all be short and odd. You'll just have to keep an eye on your RSS feed to find out!

The show is called Dark Nights. Appropriate for the show and the time we get out of the theater at night. Actually pretty good for the time get into the theater at night! It's all rock music played on cellos but don't be afraid if you don't like old heavy metal - the melodies are beautiful and cellos really bring them out.

This morning was a great cool theater ghosts experience: I got to the theater a little before 10. We knew it would be open and had planned a short class/show tweaking session. The room was empty with low lights on when I came in. No sign of anyone. No worries, I was a bit early (which in Kanopy terms means I didn't sleep in nearly long enough). I came into this lovely peaceful room - beautiful wood and a big empty stage. And just as I set my bag down on the floor I hear just a few notes, very quiet. I realize what I'm hearing is the start of a piece from the second part of the show (windows media file from Amazon). But who started it? Where did it come from? Everything was dark in the control rooms, so I just hung out with the ghosts for about half an hour. Very cool way to start a day.

Off to pack up a bag full of little portable snacks... hot spicy V8 anyone?

3 comments:

C said...

Cool! Must be a good omen for tonight. Count me in on the spicy V-8! :o) Let's just hope the ghosty's not a Boggart. He wreaked havoc with the theatre lights and sound in the book, LOL! (Susan Cooper's "The Boggart")

Sparrow said...

Oy. Comment moderation turned off. I think I must have been a bit sleepy when I hit that checkbox. Didn't fill in an email address either, so I'd just been being sad about not having any comments lately!! Maybe it was a Bloggart?

Sparrow said...

Indeed, and bloggarts are the little demons that keep you from successfully posting something to your blog. Could be Blogger technical downtime, could be writer's block!