Thursday, January 05, 2006

scientific telling of tales (or at least serifs)

Something to get back to later when I'm not supposed to be doing other things (I'll let you know how it comes out):

handwriting.feedbucket.com

What better combination of art and science could there be? The question is, which of my various bits of handwriting do I use? The one when I'm tired and scribbling, the one when I'm carefully writing a card to someone, or the slanty one I fall ino sometimes?

Now that I take a closer look at the page, I'm supposed to mouse in my signature - I may have to pull out the old pen tablet I got cheap at CEBIT a few years back to try this thing.

7 comments:

C said...

Hi Elizabeth! Nice Blog! I'm looking forward to reading more. :o)

~Candy

Sparrow said...

Thanks Candy - I've been taking such pleasure in yours that I figure I should give something back :-)

On that note, Adam has writing plans for you...

C said...

*raises eyebrows* Do tell. . . :o)

Sparrow said...

A good friend of ours here in Madison started writing $10/spot bits for treehugger.com (excellent site). It's giving her a resume, and she's been parlaying some of that work into proving to Aveda corporate that she should be doing more of their marketing/writing. (Also smart enough to swing from an Aveda shop sales girl to a work from home corporate contractor for them!)

C said...

Cool! Off to check out treehugger Thanks!

dl004d said...

I'm not very pleased with how it judged my writing:

The results of your analysis say:

You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.

You are a shy, idealistic person who does not find it easy to have relationships, especially intimate ones.

You are negative, fearful, resistant, doubtful, and/or selfish.

You are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!

You enjoy life in your own way and do not depend on the opinions of others.

Sparrow said...

Ok, I take it all back about this one being possibly interesting. You put in your signature and then it asks you 5 questions and give you 5 characteristics. I'm thinking the writing is nothing and the questions are everything. Silliness!