Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Geeking out

A few of my favorite additions to my Treo 650 (in case you're still monkeying with yours, Woody):

Treo Allegro (v0.2): This is the one that lets you have an LED that's actually good for something. I have mine set to show red when there's new voicemail, and orange when there's a new text message. You can also control a few other things like having the LCD be dimmer during the day to save power, but it's the LED fix that does it for me. And it's FREE

KeyCaps: Allows you to never again touch the shift and option keys - you can set it up with a few options but I have it set so a quick tap gives me lowercase, holding gives me upper case and longer holding swaps all the way through to the option (punctuation, number). Also FREE.

Dragon Character Training: free program to learn chinese characters

EWallet - password protected anything you want

Collins dictionaries - have saved me in multiple languages

And if you have a big data plan and an audiobook addiction-waiting-to-happen:

Audible & AudibleAir
Tags:

No comments: