Saturday, July 07, 2007

17 days post-op

Aside from getting generally exhausted when I try to do too much (like travel further than half a block or so) things are still going really well. I'm dreaming of things like a yoga class, or even just a short go on a stationary bike, but it's another 2 and a half weeks before I get to think about anything more than keeping my weight off the leg.

My latest good news is that the incision apparently looks great - really clean work. My nurse was all impressed when she took off the steri-strips this week. No staples, no external stitches. A longer scar than I expected but if the hip is better I'm all good with that. And I'm down to a Tylenol just now and again when I need it - not even every day.

At 5 weeks I get to start on a stationary bike with no added resistance, and water walking, and I can start putting about 50% of my weight on the leg when I use my crutches. At 6 weeks I get to start real PT and can ditch the crutches as soon as I feel safe.

I'm thinking I might try a half day of work toward the end of next week, and keep it up if it goes ok.

In non-me-related news (personal blogs are narcissistic anyway, but it feels especially so when all I'm doing is typing about how the aches and pains are going!): It turns out A's knee is well and truly toasted. He had his MRI this week and the ACL isn't even remotely still attached. He's still getting around fine for now as long as he doesn't look over his shoulder when he's walking but he's going in for a surgical consultation this week. At least the UW ACL repair docs are highly respected! We're hoping maybe for sometime in August so that I'm able to drive again before he's unable to...

Zoiks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a couple you make: both hobbled below the waist!